University of Chicago and Insight Behavioral Health Centers of Chicago have teamed (http://www.insightbhc.com/stories/home) up to do a study on eating disorders. Insight director, Dr. Le Grange, states that the Maudsley Approach has been an successful form of treatment for about 50 percent of their patients. Based on my understanding, Insight and University of Chicago will study how this approach paired with other approaches improves the percentage of those being treated.
- Family Based Treatment – The Maudsley Approach (edawareness2013.wordpress.com)
- What’s eating you? (theanid.wordpress.com)
- Eating Disorder Treatment (eatingdisorderstoriesnetjournal.wordpress.com)
- Extreme Anorexic Speaks Out About the Eating Disorder (allyouneedtoknowabouteatingdisorderstoriesnet.wordpress.com)
- Rethinking treatment goals improves results for those with persistent anorexia (sciencelife.uchospitals.edu)