When we think of self-injury and children, many of us immediately assume children who cut themselves. Self-injury takes on many forms, eating disorders, drug abuse and then there is self-mutilation. I hope to link as many experts on these topics to this blog as a way of keeping track of evidence based treatment and those theories involving self-injury. If you have any other expert you know of, please share! It is critical that we have access to as much information out there. Our children are not experimental subjects where the professional can apply their theory to!
Depression and anxiety seem to be one of the underlying causes of self-injury so keeping track of the latest information of adolescent major depressive disorder will be part of this as well.
- Male eating disorder ‘diagnoses up’ (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Treating Binge Eating Disorder: Q&A With Bonnie Brennan… (blogs.psychcentral.com)
- Extreme Anorexic Speaks Out About the Eating Disorder (allyouneedtoknowabouteatingdisorderstoriesnet.wordpress.com)
- Eating Disorder Scale Update (whatyouneedtoknowabouteatingdisorderstoriesnet.wordpress.com)
- Eating Disorder Treatment (eatingdisorderstoriesnetjournal.wordpress.com)
- Psychologists – Our Children’s Therapists and Mistakes I Made (parentsofteenswhoselfinjure.wordpress.com)
- Brain study finds genetic link between major depression and the internal clock in humans (al.com)
- Do you ruminate? (depressionsolved.wordpress.com)
- People with eating disorders often have accompanying psychological challenges like anxiety (whatyouneedtoknowabouteatingdisorderstoriesnet.wordpress.com)